Data Services Blueprint
Data as a Service
Organizations need data, information, knowledge, and wisdom to make good decisions, yet many organizations are mostly unprepared and unequipped to quickly or efficiently utilize the available data.
Many businesses have at least one person that deals with reports, especially those that are required by law, but few treat this as a service that may provide consultative analysis regarding the business itself.
Data as a service can provide the business with valuable decision making tools for hiring, marketing, sales, and overall strategic planning.
About the Course
This course explores the nature of good and bad data, techniques for evaluating and analyzing data, and practices for creating data visualization and reporting.
The basics of data science are explored and expanded to cover "simple" reporting, business intelligence, and predictive analytics.
Also covered is a framework or blueprint for creating a service that offers analysis, reporting, and consultative guidance to other business units.
Learners will gain an understanding of:
- Fundamentals of data science and the DIKW pyramid.
- The differences between reporting, business intelligence, and predictive analytics.
- Various planning models based on data.
- The data-as-a-service framework known as the Data Services Blueprint.
- Techniques and tools for reporting and data visualation.
The self-paced edition of the course is available online and takes about 10 hours to complete. This course may also be instructor-led and delivered online and in person.
The audience may be:
- Anyone involved in creating and maintaining reports.
- Those tasked with selecting or managing the tools used for data analysis.
- Any individual responsible for evaluating data or producing data visuals.
Our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
- Category: Strategy and Financial Management
- Length: 10 hours
- Price: $249 (Non-Member)
Ready to Start Learning?
This training includes:
- Self-paced or instructor-led training.
- Delivered online or on-site. A minimum of 5 learners is required for online training, and 10 learners is required for on-site training.
- Supporting documentation and learning materials.