ITSM Before Lunch
IT Service Management
IT Service Management or ITSM is an approach to managing IT in which an organization designs, operates, and improves information technology services that are offered to customers.
This service-oriented approach focuses on providing business value rather than simply providing technology.
Processes are used to manage services, focusing on the needs of customers rather than the systems, and emphasizes value creation and continual improvement.
About the Course
Intentionally brief and occasionally entertaining, this introduction to IT Service Management covers all the basics, including the definition of service and service management, value creation through services, common processes, and more.
Learners will receive:
- An introduction to concepts of value and service.
- A knowledge of the people, processes, and technologies involved in service management.
- An overview of the common frameworks for ITSM.
Also included is an overview of how IT service management may be used for enterprise service management, as well as an understanding of how ITSM interacts with methodologies or frameworks such as Agile, DevOps, and lean IT.
Learners will gain an understanding of:
- Value creation, service, and service management.
- How people, processes, and technologies come together to manage services.
- The life cycle of a service.
- Practices and processes used to manage services and deliver value.
- How to use continual improvement techniques to maintain and improve the quality of services.
The self-paced edition of the course is available online and takes about 4 hours to complete. This course may also be instructor-led and delivered online and in person.
The audience may be:
- IT professionals that need an understanding of IT service management.
- IT directors or managers that are or will be task with managing services.
- Anyone wishing to get a cost-effective overview of ITSM with a minimal time investment.
Our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
- Category: ITSM/ESM and Process Improvement
- Length: 4 hours
- Price: $249.00 (Non-Member)
"Shawn infuses a sense of humor into quality presentations that provide great theory in real-world contexts. The result is an engaging session that lends itself to practical implementation of good process tailored to the needs and abilities of your organization."
-- John Dunning, Chief Information Officer at Wayne State College